Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Tea Party block

Tea Party BOM, Block 5
2 teapots down, 3 to go


I sure struggle with applique.  I love the way it looks when someone else does it. Mine always has puckers and I have trouble keeping track of all the little pieces and it takes sooooooo long to finish one block.  So many steps... the tracing, the cutting, the fusing, the cutting, finding the right thread color (and bobbin to match!) threading the machine and then changing colors . . . and on and on and on.  I have such a shortage of patience. 

But I'm learning with each block, and I think maybe there is a possibility that I might actually enjoy doing applique by the time I'm finished with this quilt.  Maybe the results are worth it.

1 comment:

Karen said...

r u using the tear away stuff on the back so it doesn't pucker?