Monday, December 28, 2009

No-Sew Block Swap - UPDATED

All participants and their groups are listed at the bottom of this post.

ENTRY TO SWAP IS NOW CLOSED.... watch for another swap in the near future.

UPDATE: The R/W/B swap is full so I've added a second R/W/B group - there's lots more room!

UPDATE:  Several swappers have asked about participating if they are outside the US.  No problem!  We can use Paypal for postage.  So far we have swappers from Germany, UK and Canada!

I just learned about this kind of quilt block swap. It sounded like so much fun I decided to host one (really two!).

When I first heard about this I was confused.  How do you get blocks if you don't sew them?  Well you do sew, but only your final blocks.  That means you don't have to worry about your sewing and whether or not it's good enough! (of course it is, but still, less worry) and, if you are particularly particular, you don't have to deal with someone else's less than perfect sewing.

Here's how it works...

1.  Select a 12" block pattern at Quilterscache.com  (only pieced blocks - no applique or paper piecing)
2.  Cut all the pieces for the block, but don't sew the block.
3.  Place all the pieces in a baggie.  Put a sticker on the baggie with the name of the block.  Include your name, city/state and, if you wish, your blog address.

Repeat steps 2 and 3 nine times.

4.  Keep one baggie for yourself and mail the remaining eight baggies to me by February 1st.  Include a self addressed stamped envelope. (Get your package weighed before you seal it and then use that amount of postage on your SASE.)  Any participants outside the US can use Paypal for the return postage.

5.  As soon as all packages are received I'll divvy up the baggies and mail each of you a package of 8 different baggies.  Look up each block on Quiltercache.com and commence sewing!

You have two choices:   Red/White/Blue No Sew Block Swap   or   Pink/Green/White No Sew Block Swap.   Also, please see the poll for what color Pink/Green.

Interested?  Sign up by leaving a comment. Tell me which swap you want to do. Sign up will be open until January 10th.

RED WHITE & BLUE GROUP #1
Amy - Nelson's Victory
Karen - Friendship Star
Kathleen - Calico Puzzle
Katie - See Saw
Sara - Star of Virginia
Robin - Broken Sugar Bowl
Kathleen - Churn Dash
Balinda - Brasstown Star
SC Jenn - Sawtooth Star

RED WHITE & BLUE GROUP #2
Pat C - Carrie Nation
Gill - Bear Tracks
Lynn - Basket Weave
Candy - Antique Tile Block
Marion - Love In A Mist
Mavis - Annie's Choice
Marj - M. Washington Star
Nikki - Glory In Scraps
Nici - Jacob's Ladder

PINK GREEN & WHITE Group #1
Karen - Hour Glass #3
Lexilooo - Calico Puzzle
Lois - Lover's Knot
Balinda - Ranger's Pride
Mimi - Prairie Queen
Kate -Squares Upon Squares
Sandee - Brasstown Star
Pat S - Morning Star 2
Kathleen - Louisiana

PINK GREEN & WHITE Group #2
Jane - Mini Bow Tie
Robin - 1930's Square
Georgia - Box Kite
Rebecca - Twisting Star
Jeanie - Noon and Light
Debbie - Shoo Fly
Sharon - 4 Patch Fox&Goose
Diane - Pinwheel
Kathleen - Oh, Susannah

PINK GREEN & WHITE Group #3
Katy - Star Puzzle
Christy - Castle In The Air
Jenn - Card Trick
Carrie - King's X
Wendy - Woven Ribbons
Emilee - Pieced Star
Lisa - Chimneys & Cornerstones
Susan - Sarah's Choice
Kathleen - Starflower

PINK GREEN & WHITE Group #4
Jeanie - Album
Lynne - Tennessee
Andrea - Louisiana
Lea - Sunlight & Shadows
Karen - Shoo Fly
Karie - Rail Fence
Diane - Churn Dash
Wanda - Tulip Lady Fingers
Kathleen - Prairie Queen

37 comments:

Foster Momma said...

I am for sure interested...sounds like fun!!! I would be interested in the Red/White/Blue No Sew Block Swap.

Karen said...

Can I play?!?Can I play!? I'll jump into both of them! I'll post a link to ur swap on my blog.

Veronica said...

Count me in!

Red/white/blue

Lexilooo said...

I'd like to participate! I'm a newish quilter, so I think this will be good for me!

I'd like to do the pink/green/white

Thanks so much!

Sara said...

Kathleen, sign me up for the red white and blue :) I'll go look for a pattern in a bit.

Robin said...

Hi, I sent an email but I just looked up the patterns. Put me down for Broken Sugar Bowl in the Red white and blue. can't wait to get started.

JRZ Jenn said...

I'm in! Please put me down for the Red White and Blue - pattern Austin! :) Thanks, sending an email now! :)

JRZ Jenn said...

Could I actually have the Churn Dash pattern, that's what I meant to put please.

Anonymous said...

I sent you an email... count me in for pink/green. This is a perfect learning opportunity for me...

Thanks for hosting this!
:-D)

Karen said...

I'll do the friendship star for my R,W,and B

Crafty Maine Mom said...

I would love to be a part of the green pink white group. Are we going with a pastel pink and a sage green or a bright pink and a kelly green?

Pat said...

I think it would be a fun swap. I'll sign up for the RWB group and would do the Carrie Nation block if nobody else has chosen it yet. (I heard about this from Lois Grebowski and just signed up to be a follower of your blog, too.)

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Hi, I received an email from Karen today about your swap, at first I did not think I could join, but now I would love to be in the pink and green, but after looking, I think it is already filled. If you open up a second group for those colors, I would love join. Thanks!!

Robin said...

Hi, I would love to jump into the pink and green group also, and I would vote any pink or green.
I also talked to my mom, Georgia, and she wants in on the pink and green. I'll look up the blocks and get back to you.

Robin said...

I'm back, Robin is the 1930 square
and Georgia is the Box Kite. Thanks again.

Karen said...

Its been Sew fun jumping over to your blog to check out who else has joined your swap and then checking out their blogs. Fun Times!

Mavis said...

Sounds like great fun and no pressure to sew right away. Please add me to the new R/W/B swap.

arlette said...

Sounds like fun, but I can't participate because I'm not in the US, you all have fun :)!!!

Mavis said...

I'm going to do Annie's Choice.

Mavis said...

I'm in Canada and just read the other comment about not being able to join because I'm not in the USA. I presume the only reason is because we can't send SASE with Canadian postage on it. Is there a way around this? Like send $5 or something?? I just didn't think about this but still want to take part.

Jeanie said...

What a great idea for a swap! I've never seen a "no sew" exchange. I'd love to join the pink and green swap and will make "Noon and Light" pieces.

nrnoodle said...

This is a great idea for a swap. I would like to be in the RWB swap making a Carrie Nation block.

Debbie said...

I just emailed you...but I'd love to join the Pink and Green swap doing the Churn Dash block...what fun! Thanks!
Debbie

Marj said...

I would like to join the R,W&B group.The block that I would share is 'Martha Washington Star'. Please let me know if I am in and if the block that I choose is ok.

SharonZ said...

I'd love to join in. I sent an email. Let me know if I'm in and I'll pick a block. Thanks

Diane said...

Any room left? If so Iwant in please :) P/G/W, but if that is full I would love R/W/B as well.

Thanks!

Katy said...

Hey there! Just wondering if there was any space left. I would love to do the P/G/W swap if available. Let me know!

Thanks!
Katy

Simply_Suzy said...

Hi! This swap sounds like so much fun. I would like to join the P/G?W swap if you still need swappers.

Thank You!
Susan

Jenn said...

I'd love to do both! Please send me additional info!
Thanks,
Jenn

Wendy Hue said...

Hi! I would love to join the pink/green/white swap, this could turn out to be a wonderful baby shower gift!

Wendy

EmileeHope said...

I would love to be in on this one if there is still room! Please let me know. Either color group would be great, but it looks like p/g/w is what may have an opening. I would like to do the pieced star block if there is a place for me! Just let me know! (I will email you right after I post this)

Jeanie said...

Kathleen....I'm back. May I please sign up for an additional pink and green group? I think I'd like to have more blocks to play with and make a bigger quilt. If this is OK, I'd like to make the "Album" block.
Thanks so much!

In Awe of Applique said...

is there still room in the new group? I'd prefer the pink/green/white...
~Andrea

ARTwendy ... said...

Hi there Kathleen!
I am a bit sad that I have missed out on this swap! What a sensational idea!
I'm holding my own I Spy one if you are interested ... Cheers
Wendy

Anne said...

Dang! Sorry I missed the swap. I had so much fun with the two I did with Jane last year. I wanted to get in on some this year. Well, I will have to watch for another one. Thanks anyway.

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Hi, I just wanted to let you know the blocks arrived safe and sound. I love them!! Thank you also for my treat and for hosting, it was such fun. Now to make the blocks!!

Anonymous said...

Visit www.theclothing.net to buy Gift Sets, Sleepwear Tops, Dress, Swimwear, Straight-Leg Jeans, Blankets, Maidenform, Denim, Denim Vests & Jackets, Libertas, Celebrity by Je Matadi, Duffle, Prom Dresses by edressMe, Beauty, Sweater Dresses, Fashion, Gloves on sale designed by Ray-Ban, Sauce, Vitamin A Gold/Diva Shimmer, Rosa Cha, Earnest Sewn, Goddis, Soft Joie - always on sale!