Friday, October 9, 2009

The Plan: From UFO to DFO X 8 in 83 days

Finn at Pieces From My Scrapbag is hosting a New Years Eve UFO Challenge.  What a good idea.  Instead of making New Years resolutions we'll be enjoying accomplishments.  Then we can start all over again creating new UFOs for next year's challenge.  I selected eight of my UFOs to finish . . .

I need 9 more blocks and borders, then this will be a Quilt of Valor.


My Map Quilt still needs binding and embellishments.  I dream of pulling the quilting stitches and doing that over again, but I think it will stay a dream.


I came across all these little pieces that are from my start on Beth Ferrier's Ribbons & Blooms.  I never got any farther that this because the applique - which I hear is EASY with her method - just scared me thinking about it.  All this other fabric was to be used in the quilt so I need to design something with all of it.


Straddling Snowboy top was finished when we still lived at the farm.  It needs to be quilted, embellished, and bound.  It'll be nice to be able to hang it this year.


This simple patriotic table topper needs to be quilted & bound.


Birdie Baby Quilt needs to be quilted and bound.


I'm getting really ambitious with these last two!  Tea Party is a BOM with 5 teapots and only 1 is finished so far.



On Point BOM has 14 blocks and one LARGE center block.  I think 7 of the blocks are finished.


So that's 8 projects and 83 days.  Ready, Set, Go!

4 comments:

Karen said...

.....go girl!!I'll keep u accountable.Ur welcome.

Finn said...

Hi Kathleen, and welcome to the UFO Challenge...it's all good fun. Lots of cheering on, and no critiques.
Your projects look do-able. It's alot, but you know your time table better than anyone else and I'll bet you can do it! I chose 5 to finish last year in the challenge and finished 15! I does feel sooo good to have in the cupboard and drawers! Hugs, Finn

Robin said...

Whoa! You have definitely got a challenge ahead of you. But, you have a great array of projects and goals. I can't wait to see you triumph over these UFOs. You go, girl!!!! Hmm... maybe I ought to try and get a couple done myself.

Quiltluver said...

Glad you joined the challenge. Sounds like you've got your work cut out for you. *groan* sorry, a bad pun... I look forward to seeing your completed UFO's! Karen