Friday, July 10, 2009

Poison Ivy/Oak

I know God knows what he's doing but I sure wish He would've given this plant bright orange leaves or something. It might have three leaves, or seven or nine. The leaves can be notched or not. And they are GREEN!

Did you know . . .

that a reaction can take up to a week or more to show up? I didn't know what kind of wierd disease I had with a rash showing up on my forehead, my left wrist, my right forearm. There are a lot of ugly rash diseases on the internet!

that poison ivy/oak rash develops blisters? BIG blisters. I didn't know skin could stretch that far and that fast. And when they (sorry gross) leak and deflate, they fill up again.

that I am a total baby when dealing with pain? Whining, crying, pouting. Big baby.

that in spite of a weakened immune system due to MS drugs, Scott is apparently still immune to poison ivy/oak? Good thing cause when I whine, cry, and pout he can feel bad for me instead of saying he's got it too and it's not that bad. UPDATE: apparently he IS susecptible - breaking out all over. Poor guy.

that children under 5 are seldom suseptible? Thanks for that one God, because Zak was in it too.

So if you are thinking of taking a walk along the I & M Canal, which is a very nice place for a walk, DON'T TOUCH THE PLANTS! Better yet, don't ever touch anything green. Just to be safe. I know I won't. Ever. Really.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

So I guess all those weeding days are over?
Sorry about the blisters Mom. It sounds miserable. I hope you feel better soon! :)

Cara said...

Oh Kathleen, I'm so sorry you had to go through that! Hope is heals quickly.

rae said...

It's the worst; I feel for you!

Karen said...

ugh....hang in there.

Col said...

Yikes! I hope you feel better soon. On the plus side if you were to take a crowded bus soon I'm sure people would move and give you lots of room. hee hee