Thursday, June 19, 2008

Thursday is...

. . . shot reaction / recovery day. Sometimes good, sometimes not so good. "Everyday is an adventure" as the MS magazine says in an attempt to encourage MSers. Hah!

. . . garbage day - we're allowed two big bags. I buy the biggest I can - contracters 55 gal bags - and fill them. I don't know how we accumulate so much garbage even though we recycle. We're still (after nearly a year) sorting through stuff from our move and narrowing down what we really need /want. We tend to buy online which means packaging stuff, not all of which can be recylced - what to you do with styrofoam?! And then there's the diapers and dog food cans. On top of everyday stuff I guess that's how the bags get so full.

. . . an anything day. It's between two work days so usually there are no kids involved in the day (boo hoo). Usually no going to Decorative. So it's always something different. Sometimes a "road trip" to shop, or a project around the house, or do nothing "catch my breath, be lazy" day. Today I think we're going to try to put a carrier on the back of the van, we might head for a large grocery store, I'm going to try to get the last of the plants in the ground (scratch that - I am going to get the last of the plants in the ground (although I like Pat's thought that we spend money on cut flowers to enjoy and they only last a week - these have been around a lot longer!)), I'm going to the quilt shop to talk about taking care of their blog (I may have to buy some fabric while I'm there - it just calls out to me), and house cleaning should probably be a part of the day (but it won't be as big a part of the day as it should). So today Thursday will be full - a good day. Oh and I have some sewing to do, a package to send to Justin, a package to pick up, some stitches to pull out, some branches to clean up . . .

No comments: