Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Summer evening

I finally got out for a bit of exercise tonight. Lately I've been feeling too punk, or it has been too hot, or too rainy, or I've been too busy, or it's too windy, or I've had a hangnail.... but I couldn't find any excuses tonight - it seemed easier to just walk than to search too hard for any reason not to. I walked for two miles. It was a perfect evening.... a light breeze, a few thin clouds to dim the sun a bit. The clouds were such that you could see the sun's rays shining down on the town a mile in the distance - looked like a picture. On the other side I saw half a dozen deer just wandering through the field enjoying the evening. I should walk more often.

1 comment:

Karen said...

....sounds beautiful. Its so hard to get going when you need to exercise, but once you get started you're so glad you did. So, clip that hang nail and get out again tonight!