Thursday, September 25, 2008

Breakfast

What could be better than breakfast out? My favorite meal to eat at a restaurant. All the food is hot AND ready at the same time. Someone else pours my coffee and washes my dishes. The calories don't count 'cause I'm eating out - exception rule applies. Only thing better is breakfast out before 7:00 am. Then a short ride through the country looking at all the farm fields in the early morning light. All in varying stages of harvest readiness, some with combines and grain carts parked, waiting for the dew to burn off. It's a beautiful early fall morning, just a bit of crispness in the air but you know it's going to really warm up, sun is shining, nary a cloud in the sky. What a way to start the day!

3 comments:

Karen said...

....all that is right up my freakin' alley!

Anonymous said...

A really wonderful thing about breakfast is it happens in the most fabulous time of the day. Penny and I had ours in the yard, which was great. Some yellow jackets discovered us part way through so we walked around and finished. I wonder if those insects would have been attracted to a normal breakfast? We had salmon, sweet potatoes, and broccoli. It wasn't the original plan for the salmon, but hey it worked. Love, Pat

Anonymous said...

Sounds perfectly wonderful!