Wednesday, September 29, 2010

A Paper Piecing Project Comes Together

This quilt pattern is actually MH Designs Floral Wreath pattern. The Fall Wreath pattern has the leaf stems so they look more like leaves. But I had this pattern already and lots of fabric in fall colors so I went for it. It was kinda of neat to watch the finished blocks come together. The seams are so precise but the fabric pieces are not uniform and the edges look raggedy. Then the block gets trimmed and the paper comes out and it all looks for perfectly pretty.

I took pictures as I sewed thinking I'd make a virtual flipbook but couldn't find software I was comfortable with (i.e. free) so I just took a video as I scrolled through the pics on my computer...


Obviously the quality is lacking but you get the idea.  If anyone knows a better way to make a virtual flip book I'd love to hear about it!
This was another attempt at free motion quilting on my regular machine as opposed to my frame.  I think I'm getting addicted. 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Kathleen, I *adore* the free motion quilting on the last piece. I love the pattern you chose. Just perfect!

Narelle said...

Wow! An amazing piece of sewing.
Well Done!

Jeanie said...

Just love this, Kathleen! Love the pattern and fabrics, love the finished quilting! You are the paper piecing queen!

Sharon said...

Hi Kathleen! Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog.
I LOVE your wreath! It's beautiful!

Karen said...

Wow, aunt!! Nice work. The video is cool...I like the music in the back ground...nice touch! Your quilting looks great!Again, NICE WORK!!!!

Cara said...

This is a beautiful piece. You did a great job! Free motion looks really goo, too.