Saturday, September 25, 2010

Kankakee Quiltmakers Quilt Show 2010

The Kankakee Quiltmakers Guild has a show every other year.  I spent a couple hours there today admiring all the beautiful quilts and soaking up all the inspiration. 

This design was so simple and yet so unique.

Another simple but beautiful quilt.

I thought of One Flower Wednesday when I looked at this one.  I WILL get back to those.  I enjoy sewing them - it's the cutting I don't care for..... the one reason I now want a GO! cutter.

All these dresses were embellished - with lace, ric rac, buttons....


I thought at first that all the circles on this quilt were appliqued and I was stunned.  They're not... it's fabric.  But it still made for a striking quilt.

Beautiful applique and beautiful quilting...




I love the shape of this tree.  I didn't notice the sparkles until I got home and looked at the picture.


Several of the quilts were red work.... just lovely.





This one made me smile every time I looked at it.
These are just a few of the quilts.  I took pictures of nearly every one.  If you want to see the rest they can be found on my Flickr page.  Grab a cup of coffee or tea and treat yourself to a slide show of inspiration.

3 comments:

Karen said...

AUNT! I have a Go cutter and guess what? YOU can borrow it anytime! I haven't hardly used it, so I would be THRILLED if you used it! and another thing....you should have let me know u were going to the Kankakee show.....I might have driven down...aaaarrggghhh ;) Love all the I candy! When will you be in the relative area next so I can get you the GO?

JustCindy said...

I love the pinwheel quilt!

rae said...

This really is inspiring! I'm tempted to go borrow a sewing machine and try my hand. Your posts often have that effect on me.