Thursday, September 23, 2010

Barnyard Ladies - The Country Stable.... Quilted

Free motion quilting on my regular machine (instead of on my frame set-up) was sort of scary to start but oh what fun!  I kept wanting to do more and add more but finally stopped and bound the quilt.  Lots more practice is needed!  Some of it turned out pretty good and some of it not so much.

I really liked the shingles on the roof....
...and the straw under the chickens.

The horse's mane and forelock turned out nice, as did the rooster. 
The horse's body... not what I was going for at all.

While they weren't perfect, the flowers and leaves were a pleasant surprise.

The clouds are awful.  I need to research how to do clouds.  That will mean hours of laying on a blanket staring up at the sky some day when it's nice and blue with lots of puffy clouds.  Now I just need to find a way to get paid to do that research.

4 comments:

Karen said...

Aunt!You did a great job!Your leaves and flowers look awesome. I'm very impressed!

About the clouds......what if you just stipple (small) that entire blue area? Just a tiny suggestion....

Love the roof...you have a really steady hand...did u use a hoop?

Sheila said...

I think you did an awesome job , that is a very cute wall hanging !

JustCindy said...

Too cute! Quilting looks good to me. I think I will try some free motion quilting AGAIN.

Melissa ;-) said...

I loved it before. I REALLY love it now!