Thursday, July 15, 2010

Bound For The Fair

All these quilts are now sitting at the fairgrounds. Judges are looking at them now!  I hope they write lots of notes.  Ribbons are okay, but my favorite part is the judges' critiques.... I listen; I learn.

Yes, that's the map quilt at the bottom there.  I fixed a couple mistakes.  Junkyard Joe's house was in the wrong corner.  One road deadended where it really didn't.  And I completely missed one house.   All better now.  Then I added cars (little buttons from Karen and Sarah - THANKS GUYS!)  And one of the cars is on a gravel road so I added some fuzzy white yarn for dust.  Fun and done.

3 comments:

Jeanie said...

You go girl! Good luck, although like you said, it's not about winning, it's about the journey!

marlene@ByTheSeam said...

I hope you get some ribbons!

The Hillbilly Wife said...

I bet the judges will leave you awesome reviews and no critiques :)