Monday, April 20, 2009

The sewing is sew-sew lately

First: My Trip Around the World started off pretty fast. The wind was in my face, my short hair was blown back, my eyes were watering from the speed. Now it seems like I'm traveling in a sailboat and there isn't a whisper of a wind. Every couple seams I find a seam that needs to be ripped out. I think my machine is ill. It's heading to the doc tomorrow. I cleaned it up so nobody could see how dusty I let it get. I packed up the cords & put the cover on. I carried it to the stairs and then remembered the first thing I will be asked is "Did you change the needle?" GRRR. Open it up, unpack the cords, plug it all in, change the needle. Sew a bit - nope, still ill. Packed it all up again.

Second: I can't be without a sewing machine (if they need to admit the one above instead of doing out-patient surgery) so I finished the quilt I had on the frame and decided to take that machine off the frame and use it for piecing. Figured I'd get to know the machine better that way and I could work on projects while my regular piecing machine is healing. Got it off the frame and set up and ready to go. Oops, it has a darning foot on it for free motion quilting. Did I get regular feet with this machine? Don't remember. Can't find any. I think I need to buy a regular foot when I drop off the other machine. Stalled again.

4 comments:

Karen said...

oh bugger.....for some reason my blog list doesn't update right away when you write a post.....it just updated this post u wrote yesterday. I've noticed it before and i tried to refresh page , open new page, whatever......aaaannnyyyywwwwaaayy....sorry to hear ur machine is illin', Mine was misbehaving this morn too....the bobbin thread kept breaking......ggggrrrrrrr...I gave it some TLC when that didn't work,I smacked it hard....its better now;)

Karen said...

...just noticed u have an ETSY store...Awesome!!! The stuff u have on there is great. I love that quilt.

Cara said...

Finally, a picture! Thank you. You are very attractive, and YOUNG! The thing on your new etsy store are great! What a good idea. I'm sure your new business will do well. Thanks to Karen for letting me know about it!
What's an etsy?

Cara said...

That was supposed to be 'things'.