Wednesday, March 16, 2011

IC#11 and Lessons Learned

Iron Craft #1:  something green


I made a mini green pincushion.  And I learned a few things. 

1.  Hot glue is HOT!  'nuf said.

2.  Cotton balls are the not the best option for stuffing a pincushion. 

Detour:  I have a whole bag of cotton balls for my Brown Paper Bag, of which I only used two.  I have another large bag for medicinal purposes.  Did you know that about a gazillion brands of alcohol wipes (the kind you use to prep the skin for an injection) were recalled about two months ago and they still didn't have more on the shelves when I looked last week. So we use cotton balls and a bottle of alcohol (no, not that kind - that comes after the shot).  Okay, back on track...

So I wish cotton balls worked well for stuffing pincushions.  But they don't.

3.  Bigger is not always better.


In the case of mini stuff I think a smaller glue gun would be better.

4.  I learned, again, that I like mini stuff!










I really do!




3 comments:

Karen said...

...cute stuff;)

Col said...

Sorry to hear you got hurt. Do you want to come over here, eat Jello, and recuperate?

Tim said...

Coll stuff.