Thursday, May 20, 2010

Project Quilting .... And The Judges Said...



Judge 1: Unique idea for rectangles 7.5

Judge 2: Very well done. The two fabric background really adds interest and the reverse color bindings were a great idea. Nice machine quilting 8.5

Judge 3: Great idea to sew the rectangles together, recut, and then appliqué them back onto the quilt. Your loopy tight quilting really helped the shapes stand out. The colors you chose are clear and bright with lots of nice contrast. I would have liked to see more of a relationship between the appliquéd shapes, maybe by either sticking to geometric shapes like the circles and squares, or overlapping the shapes somehow. 6.75

Average Score: 7.58

I'm happy!

The voting is still open and it's a close one, with Karen and two others running neck and neck WAYYYY in the lead!!! .... if you haven't voted yet, head on over to Kim's Crafty Apple   and help Karen out.... it's not hard to vote for hers - it really is the best! IMHO

And...
The Next Challenge will be posted this coming Sunday 5/23 at NOON CDT. Please help me spread the word! Join us... it is so much fun and will really stretch your talents.

5 comments:

marlene@ByTheSeam said...

Sounds like a good review of your work and you did OK on it. I still think it was terrific and I am glad your happy with what the judges said. Maybe that will help with the next one. I would hang that one up someplace, it sure is nice.

Sheila said...

Kathleen , I think your project is very unique and artistic , a great job and you certainly can think outside the box.Congrats on a great job!
Sheila

Anonymous said...

That's a great score! I also like the loopy quilting being so tight. seriously, the other elements just pop out... like it's 3-D

I really gotta work on my machine quilting skills...

Karen said...

...good job!Looking forward to Sunday.

Thanks for the extra push in the voting....I've already begged furiously on FB...I can't beg anymore without embarrasing myself....wait I think I already did that.....

Jackie's Stitches said...

Great job! I love your use of color and the reverse binding. It's so hard for me to do this kind of quilting and I always admire anyone who can.