Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Two Quilt Finishes

In October I signed up with Finn for her New Year's Eve UFO Challenge with eight UFOs. I'm not sure if I'll make it but I do know that I probably wouldn't have finished these without that gentle push. 

First is a summer holiday table topper that I started back in May, pieced it then quit.  To finish it I quilted with white thread and kind of played around a bit.  I tried to think fireworks and bunting.  The quilting leaves a bit to be desired but that's ok - it's just for me. I now have it quilted and bound. Finish #1.





Next up, an appliqued wall hanging.  Straddling Snowboy is just one of the Straddling series by The Wooden Bear.  Same story here... the top was finished but needed to be quilted, bound and embellished.  Finish #2.


I like the way the little bird is pulling the boy's bootlace.
Binding has a little Christmas bell stitch.

3 comments:

Auntie Em said...

Congrats on 2 finishes!

Karen said...

....adorable!...good work!

Sara said...

Love the first one, really pretty!