Wednesday, December 16, 2009

My First Horse

Bingo Ladd

Bingo Ladd was my first horse. I think I was 14 and "working" as a trail guide. Pay was $10 a day and $12 a day on weekends. So, not much money to spend on a horse. I partnered with a co-worker and we paid $100 for him. I bought her out a month or two later. He was a rescue horse and about 200 pounds underweight when he arrived. He packed on the pounds fast though. I loved throwing a Navaho blanket over his back and riding him that way with no saddle.

Thanks for the picture, Karen.  What a surprise to see it this morning! 

And, yes everyone, I know he's funny looking.  I didn't care!  He was MY HORSE!

4 comments:

rae said...

I am at once delighted and insanely jealous. Living the kind of life where owning a horse is possible is just about the coolest thing I can think of.

Anonymous said...

I think he'd beautiful. Funny looking is my type. Love the pic.

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a enjoyable birthday celebration. My said you were going out to dinner tonight. Love, Pat

Anonymous said...

Happy belated Birthday Aunt Kathleen, and I think your horse was adorable!
Love,
Amy