Thursday, June 16, 2011

Pattern Testing

Jennifer of All Things Belle made a Paper Pieced Patriotic Pennant Pattern (phew!) and when she was looking for testers I volunteered.  Fun pattern!  I love patriotic and I've recently come to love bunting so this was just right for me. 



It was a relatively easy pattern to do, and it's super cute. 

I learned a few things...
1.  I really have to concentrate when I do any kind of paper piecing. 
2.  I love the precise results you get from paper piecing.
3.  "Prim"  means primitive art.... all you arty people probably already knew that.... I didn't. I asked Jennifer if she had a typo on her pattern... color me embarrassed!

The pattern is for the pennants themselves and you'll find a free tutorial on Jennifer's blog using the pennants to make a Prim Patriotic Banner.  She used a ruffly holder but I had a length of leftover binding that worked just right.  I embroidered stars near the hanging ends.  I folded over a few inches of the binding at each end and stitched it to make loops for hanging.
How do you like my bunting holders?

Jennifer plans an entire line of paper pieced patterns that she will be selling in her All Things Belle Etsy Shop.  I've seen the next one and can't wait to test it!

1 comment:

Karen said...

I heart bunting:)