Friday, September 18, 2009

It's Just Thread

Just love the color of this thread. Can't wait to start quilting. It's Decorative first today. But when I get back home I get to play!

I've always wanted to do something arty but things never translated to what I saw in my imagination. With quilting they still don't translate to exactly what I see before I start but I usually am pleased with the result. Not pleased as in 'I did that' but pleased as in 'it's just a pleasure to look at'....'makes you feel good inside to look at' pleased. Now, that just sounds weird, but it's true. I get so much pleasure out of playing with bits (or lots!) of fabric and just the color of a thread can make me happy.

What can I say?

Simple minds, simple pleasures.


It's called Sunshine . . . even has a pretty, makes you feel good, name.

9 comments:

rae said...

That's a happy color for sure.

Karen said...

...its like budda;)Yellow has always been one of my favoriye colors but I never wear it 'cause it makes my hair look more dishwatery then it already does. Hmmm I just reread that....who cares what me hair looks like...yellow makes me happy....also I'll always remember it was Aunt Karen's favorite colors. Sew on, sister!!Hope you have a good day at DI....there's always a little drama going on there......

Anonymous said...

You know that is the way I feel aabout preparing food. I call Penny,sometimes, to look at how pretty it looks in the pan. Often I choose the dishes to eat it from based on how I think it will look together. And lucky me, I found a set of 4 bowls and lucheon plates at a garage sale a couple of weeks that are dear! So I totally get what you mean. Love,Pat

Karen said...

...I meant butter not buddah......just in case you didn't get it.....

Kathleen said...

lol Thanks for clearing that up. I couldn't figure the connection to buddah! I agree - I keep thinking butter.

Col said...

Oh no it's a family thing. I like yellow cause it's so happy but I can't wear it.

Karen said...

yellow...thread...i get it...

Kay said...

It is a pretty color. I know exactly what you mean by "a pleasure to look at." Isn't it great when that happens?

Katidids said...

One of my fav's to work with also. I made 16 dance costumes in that color one year. So cheerful & pretty, its great mixed with the blue