I used a Moda charm pack, Horizon by Kate Spain, that I've had for quite a long time and just never found the perfect project for it. This was it!
To keep the bias edges from getting stretched by the presser foot while sewing, I put the triangles on the bottom. The tips kept getting caught and making a mess of the start of the seam. (This would be a good time to swap the cover plate with one that just has a small center hole.....if I had one of those plates.)
Rather than use a coordinating fabric for the diagonal strips, I used white. White can be found in a lot of my quilts.... it looks so fresh. The instructions said to press to the triangles, but I pressed half the blocks that way and half of the blocks I pressed toward the white.
Alternating these blocks in the layout of the quilt gave me nice nested seams, instead of bulk where the white strips met.
Using these blocks as leaders and enders while I worked on several other quilts during March made this project a snap to finish. It was fun to see the blocks piling up during the month. Then a frenzy of sewing to finish last night as I realized it was the last day of the month!
It's still a flimsy, but Spring Morning Stroll will be quilted soon..... as soon as the frame is free.
Watch Tilda's blog for the "parade of quilts" and the project for April, then join in!