Friday, December 30, 2011

Too Many New Projects?


No.

Just enough!

I've been making Christmas quilts.  Lots of them.  And nothing but. They are finished. Christmas is past. Time to start something new.  Since I can't decide what I want to do most, I'm just going to go ahead and start a bunch!

A couple years ago I made this miniature quilt (12" x 12") from some scrap 1" HST. 

I love it still. This same design should make a lovely lap sized quilt.  Lovely enough to make two of them.  One with these pinks and greens....

 And another with these fabrics...



Figuring out which way to press is my biggest problem.  HST always mix me up a little (sometimes a lot).

These pinks and greens will be pinwheels and four squares...

Pinwheels and four squares for these, too.....



The Periwinkle Lane blocks are getting borders and each one will be finished as it's own little quilt for the laundry room wall.



This top is heading for the quilt frame.  I just can't figure out what to use for binding.  It's from a charm pack and I don't have any of the fabric.  Maybe I'll drag it to town to find something to match.  Or use white?  Have you ever used white for binding?



And I went shopping today with some Christmas money. FUN! I'm not sure what I'll do with these but they sure look good stacked up with my stash.  The black and red and yellow print is a bit wild, but it kept calling.... I had no choice but to get it.

Add a couple of commissioned projects, a stripey-strippy quilt to quilt for a "first-timer", and another gorgeous blue/green quilt by another special first-time quilter, and I have just enough projects to keep me busy, and happy. 
:)

2 comments:

Jeanie said...

Lots of beautiful fabric to get your creative juices flowing! You're off to a good start! Happy New Year!

Karen said...

YAY!! U posted! So many fun projects going. I know you've been tied up with xmas quilts so I'm glad ur back to do some other things. Love those black,white and red fabrics.

I like to use white binding for a final sort of frame for some of my quilts. Gracie's quilt will have a white binding. AAANNNDDDD since u so graciously volunterred to bind it, you'll be the first to see it!!! Ain't you the lucky one:)

Glad u had fun shopping with xmas $$$$.

Love the dark fabric in the last pic...all the way to the left. I don't usually like darks, but thats pretty....love that yellow too:)

Love you!